Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Is it really January?

...is it? Really? Are you absolutely sure?

I awoke to a wet but very warm day. It was 62 degrees at 6:30 AM, unheard of for this time of year. Early morning dark gray skies leaking water eventually cleared to blue with white clouds forming patterns driven by the wind.

Ah, time to ride... It was 68 degrees when my bike and I rolled away from home, warm enough for summer riding attire. And windy! The wind never stopped, sometimes pushing me along, sometimes slowing my progress. But - I was so happy with the warmth that the presence of the strong wind didn't bother me at all. I was quite happy with the (unseasonal) 44 miles that rolled beneath my wheels today.

Even now as I sit in my house I can hear the wind blowing.

What a fabulous day for playing outside!

Rolling down the road during a sunny part of my ride. I find it amazing how far my shadow reaches. This picture was taken early in the afternoon when my shadow was still relatively short. At the end of my ride at just about 4 PM, I noticed that my shadow crossed four lanes of traffic. Unfortunately just after I saw that huge shadow, I moved into a totally shaded area. No photo!


The sky was absolutely amazing today.


Reflection games. And no, the photo is not upside down!