Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Chasing the sun

Why is it that it always seems as though that giant orb in the sky is throwing brilliant colors across the clouds while I am driving my car as opposed to being in a safe place to stop and start snapping pictures?

I've been sorely tempted to pull over to the side of the road to absorb the beauty of both sunrise and sunset, but I've managed to control that urge. Stopping on an interstate highway when traffic is moving at a fast clip is not only a bad idea from a safety standpoint, it's also illegal. (And illegal enough to pay from both a ticket and an auto insurance standpoint if I attracted attention from the folks who patrol the roads...)

One place that seems like it would be an excellent vantage point is a high-flung entrance ramp to I-93. You're right though, I'm not going to stop there.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to predict the days that will have a memorable sunset? My camera and I would love that!