Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Winter warmth...

...is very welcome in my world!

Is it really January in New England? The temperatures this week don't seem to support that fact, although that's absolutely not a complaint from me. Walking in the sun in the middle of the day, I noticed flowers showing a very early growth spurt. Green leaves were appearing, signifying buds to come. Ah plants, you probably need to go back to your winter sleep and save those flowers for the real spring. While this week is predicted to remain unseasonably warm, it is more than likely that this treat of warmth will only be here for a short time.

To accentuate the warmth of the afternoon, the wind was absolutely howling. I'm glad my movement was via foot; it would have been very hard to keep a bicycle moving in a straight line.

Walking, then back to work for a while...

As I headed home, I felt like I was chasing the setting sun. The bright orange globe was sinking, coloring the clouds, forming highlights against a deep blue sky. It was a beautiful end to today's daylight.

Mid-day rejuvenation by means of a quick walk, sunshine, warm temperatures, January green grass, and WIND!


The setting sun teased me as I drove home from work, dropping color against a blue backdrop. Ah, home in time to catch some color with my camera...