Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, January 22, 2007

Outside inside

Some days are just meant to be complaining days...

Brrr... it's cold, both outside & in. After a weekend cold & windy enough to keep my bicycles off of the road, I headed to the office today expecting normal indoor temperatures. And it was cold!

In the morning, we thought it was because of the cold weekend and the fact that the thermostats in the office aren't set for warmth on the days when there are no planned occupants. That wasn't it though; the office was cold enough that most of us had our outside jackets draped over our shoulders all day long. By the time I headed home at the end of the work day, a little bit of warmth seemed to be seeping in. Or maybe I was finally accustomed to the cold.

Sitting inside in lower than desired temperatures slapped me in the face with the knowledge of how lucky I am, how spoiled we are to live and work in an environment that (normally) is comfortable.

See, I told you it was a complaining kind of day.