Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, January 21, 2007

A disappearing day

The minutes and hours flew by as I spent the day glued to my computer...

Cold temperatures and wind kept me inside for most of the weekend, although I did manage to escape for a while on both days for a voyage by foot (sans camera).

I've been thinking about customizing my photo gallery for a while; this seemed like the right day to start that process. My day started in the early morning, a breakfast interlude accompanied by the Sunday paper. Then I perched in front of my computer and started to play. It was about 9 AM when I started my computer conversation. The first time I was conscious of looking up, it was already 1 PM, and the next time the time had jumped to 2:30. Where did the time go?

It was a learning kind of experience, experimenting with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) for the first time, starting to make changes, dreaming of the end-point, and of course getting side-tracked too. Today was limited to basic changes, like adding my own banner and changing the color scheme from black to white. Yes, it did blow my mind that those simple changes took so much time. Hopefully as I continue to move forward with more changes my learning curve will become shorter and more shallow.


To see the changes, or to wander through my galleries, click denise.smugmug.com.