Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Conversations with geese

Warm temperatures tempted me once more. Early afternoon was a time for a walking break from "at my desk" thinking, working.

Outside, soaking in warmth, walking... I stopped to chat with a flock of Canada Geese who were happily walking around a nearby field, munching on grass (or something hidden in the grass).

After a quick "conversation", I continued my walk, leaving the geese in peace. As I looped back to my starting point, I was treated by the sound of geese honking, the sight of V's of geese flying low overhead.

You're not coming any closer, are you? We'll walk a little further away, just in case.

Look at our footprints! We have big feet, don't we?

That two-legged no-winged creature doesn't seem to be coming any closer. I guess it's safe to stop and munch some more.

My computer is calling - time to head back to work...