Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

collecting things (for travel)

I think it's a good thing I'm helping Denise get ready to travel...

I found a stash of dollars from Canada that Denise was supposed to change back to US dollars when we returned from Alberta last summer. Somehow that didn't happen so we have some money to use as we start our travels. When I pulled the money out Denise took a look at it and for a minute she didn't believe it was real. Canada's newer money is made of polymer, and there are some sections that are transparent. They are very cool looking. If you're curious about the money you can read about it on this page of the Bank of Canada web site.

Canada $20 bill

And guess what else I found! Denise bought an annual pass to Canada's national parks when we were in Alberta last summer. Our timing is good because the pass runs through August. I don't remember if there is an entrance station at Terra Nova National Park, but we're set with our pass (if there is).

It's not too much longer before we jump onto a plane for our trip. I'm excited, and Blue is too!

--- Rover
Rover and friend Blue, on the Schoodic Peninsula, Acadia National Park
Rover & Blue on the Schoodic Peninsula