Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

A quick glimpse

Home a day early to avoid driving in the snow, I hoped to use my unplanned Sunday at home to wander through the photos I took on my too quick visit to Acadia. The power outage changed the outcome through. I made good progress with my computer running on battery, but the battery life didn't give me time to get through all of the photos. I stopped when the computer's power was down to 20%, thinking that if I needed it for something (who knows what, since I couldn't reach outside of my house without power) it would be good to still be able to turn it on.

It seemed like the light was odd all weekend; I came home expecting to toss more photos than usual. Luckily that wasn't the case.

As I passed this pond and saw the reflecting colors I just had to stop. The colors were definitely past peak, giving me a chance to capture a bit of magic.

trees reflecting, colors just past peak, Acadia National Park