Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

New (to me)

As I headed out for a brisk walk this morning I grabbed my camera with a single lens. I felt the urge to play, but with no direction in mind I wasn't sure the camer would get used. It did...

As I passed through the grounds of the Phillips Academy in Andover, I saw a brick gate that I had never passed through before, a gate to the Moncrief Cochran Sanctuary. Signs within said it was open to the public, and I saw a wide trail through the woods. Ah, a new place to walk!

I did a full loop through the sanctuary, finding stands of tall trees, some ponds, and narrower trails leading off the main trail. It was a thoroughly enjoyable wander, a place that I know I'll return to again.

in the woods

More photos from today can be viewed in the gallery Autumn 2011 starting with this photo and ending here.