Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A day for reflections

The sky was blue this morning, decorated with occasional puffs of white. I headed out with the thought of re-walking the Maudsley State Park loop that I wandered around last Sunday; that seemed like a good end-point for my day.

I wasn't too far from home when I noticed trees wearing colors, reflecting in still waters. For just a second I considered stopping on my way home, but luckily I gave in to the urge to stop right then. The blue sky was covered by ripples of gray by the time I reached Newburyport and Maudslay.

First stop, reflections...

clouds, reflections

autumn leaves, reflections

Second stop, Maudslay State Park. Instead of repeating last week's hike, I wandered around the edges of the park for a bit, capturing autumn images and yes, more reflections too.

bare limbed trees, Maudslay State Park

More photos from today can be viewed in the gallery Autumn 2011 starting with this photo and ending here.