Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Listen...

Yesterday's rain has moved away from the area, pushed by a howling wind. Listen...

As I headed for the coast in the middle of the afternoon I saw a hawk floating, swerving, riding thermals, pushed by the wind. How strong was it? I found it to be quite difficult to stand in one position without swaying.

I started my walk along the waterfront in Portsmouth where I was treated to the sight of a lift bridge opening to allow a large ship to pass through. I continued down the coast, enjoying the crisp air, a blue sky decorated with puffs of white, a quiet ocean at low tide.

Ship under Portsmouth bridge

Looking inland, New Hampshire coast

painted clouds over the ocean, New Hampshire coast

For more images from today's wander, jump to my gallery New Hampshire's short coastline.