Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

Mid-day ramble

Ah, it's Friday. I planned to work at home today, and I planned to ride in the early morning with the hopes of missing the predicted rain. My early morning ride plans were scuttled very early - I woke up at 5 to the crash of thunder and the sound of heavy rain, not a good sign when I was planning to be on the road by 6.

Instead of an early ride, I started working early with the hopes of getting out later. The forecast had the probability of rain increasing as the day progressed. Hmmm...

I had several meetings in the morning that set my next earliest start time at noon, and at noon the sun was shining. Time to ride!

It was a good mid-day break, sweat-producing because of the humidity, but mainly dry. A light rain fell for a few minutes mid-ride, and then a steadier (but still light) rain started when I was about a mile from home (at the end of my ride). What a good mid-day escape!

clouds over pond, green, summer