Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, May 07, 2006

To Maine, by bicycle

What a nice change of pace... This time of year I typically spend time on my bike on both weekend days, assuming that the weather cooperates. Of course, that often means that I'm riding the same roads that I always ride. That's OK most of the time - there are some pretty nice rides heading out from home - but...

I felt like I wanted a change of pace - and the weather forecast was definitely forming and driving my plans. What would it take to pull off a two-day getaway? Early in the week it looked like the weekend would bring one good riding day and one day of rain. But as the days inched closer to the weekend, the forecast became more favorable. There was still a 30% chance of rain predicted for Saturday, but I decided to go with the 70% chance that it would be dry. Yesterday, I headed out on a (loaded) bike. I rode to Kittery, Maine, stayed overnight in a wonderful B&B, and rode home again today.

If you're interested in my memories of my short trip, click to read my biking journal.

And my photo gallery - which does have some overlap with my journal but which also has quite a few additional pictures - can be accessed at

This was the first time I've done a short weekend tour, but I don't think it will be the last!

This cormorant very nicely continued to pose as I rolled up on my bike, leaned it against a post, pulled out my camera, and started snapping away. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.