Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

rhodies and lady slippers

Spring at Maudslay State Park is full of color. When I visited two weeks ago some of the azaleas were in bloom; the rhododendron were wearing buds but no color.

Today the rhodies decorated a chunk of my walk in bright swaths of color. There were times when I just stood in place, looked, spun in circles, looked some more.

rhododendron everywhere!

The rhododendron were more concentrated on the first half of the loop that I walked, both along the path and off the trail in the woods. As I moved away from them, I kept looking for interesting plants and flowers. Amazing! I saw a bit of pink within the green, looked closer, and saw lady slippers!

lady slippers in the grass

More photos from today's walk can be seen in the gallery Maudslay State Park - 2014 starting with this photo and ending here.