Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

listen...

Listen... can you hear the wind?

I woke up this morning to the sound of strong wind, wind that didn't stop blowing. By the time breakfast was finished a light rain was falling too. It seemed light enough that a short hike might still be reasonable. That didn't last too long... as soon as I arrived at the trail head the rain became much heavier. Hmmm.... I thought for a minute, then headed back to town. I figured walking the shore path in Bar Harbor was a better choice on this very wet morning than walking a trail across possibly slippery rocks.

It was a very wet walk. But hey - my rain jacket kept me dry!

The sky is getting lighter and I think the rain has stopped. It's time to head out again, this time accompanied by my camera.

a walk in the rain, Shore Path, Bar Harbor