Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bicycle smiles

January warmth, and dry roads!

The temperature last weekend was more than reasonable for riding, but the roads were dripping, wet and covered with sand and salt. Somehow I couldn't get excited about wandering on my bike knowing that the bike would need a serious cleaning at the end of my ride. Last weekend? I listened to my bikes when they said they didn't care for a bath of salt. It was a walking weekend.

Today brought another dose of winter warmth with temperatures again rising into the mid-40s. And today the roads were perfectly dry. Ah... It felt so good to be rolling down the road, rolling through relative warmth and then getting hit with cold air rising from still snow-covered ground.

Rolling, pedals turning, smiling... a good ride.