Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Two wheels rolling

A late-morning walk led to an early afternoon ride... and it was just what I needed.

It was still a bit nippy when I headed out on my walk this morning, and while I really wanted to ride, I was afraid that the roads were still going to be covered with snow melt. And my bikes told me that while they wanted to ride they didn't want to come home covered with salt and sand from the roads.

I had the whole day, and it felt like a good day for a long walk. Walking, walking... and guess what! Most of the roads were dry, with only the smallest neighborhood streets wearing a wash of salty water. And it felt like the temperature was inching up, and up. I cut my walk short, arriving home a short hour after I'd left. A snack for me, and air for my bicycle tires, and it was time to roll!

It's been many weeks since the weather wizard provided a good day for cycling. Yes, I've been a bit of a baby lately; I really don't like riding on wet roads that have been coated with sand and salt.

Today was a real gift, blue skies, reasonable (low 40s) temperatures, and dry roads. Awesome!

...many thanks are flowing to the weather wizard from me (and from my bicycles who love to be rolling down the road)!