Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, December 31, 2007

Less than expected

Less snow, that is!

The forecasts last night were a bit overdone, calling for 3 to 7 inches of snow overnight with another 1 to 3 during the morning. They were bad enough that I went to sleep last night thinking that I was going to need to work from home today.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up and looked out to a world of white that was created by (only) 1 to 2 inches of snow. I still considered working from home, but that seemed unnecessary. I followed my normal morning routine and headed to the office. My drive took only 25 minutes, surprising considering that the plows were still out clearing the surface streets, but not surprising since there are many people who opted to take today off as an early start to New Year's festivities.

I have a feeling that I could easily be the only person in the office today. I know there are a couple of folks who are planning to work from home, but not everyone has checked in yet. One of my New Hampshire colleagues said that he had 7 to 8 inches of snow up his way, so my experience of only a couple of inches may just be a stroke of regional luck.