Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, December 17, 2007

Ice underfoot

Brrr... it's still pretty cold out, with temperatures hovering around 20. I suppose it could be colder though, and I do finally remember which layers I need to stay warm. So yes, it was a walking kind of evening.

Yesterday's snow turned to rain left a bit of a mess though. Sidewalks aren't cleared, and the roads are a bit narrower than normal. I headed out adorned with blinking lights - three blue lights facing forward, and two red lights facing back - walking along the plowed streets, hoping that an icy patch wouldn't reach up and grab me. Walking, staying upright, bright lights making me visible to the other occupants of the roads...

It would have been easy to use the icy surfaces as an excuse to stay home, but I'm glad that I didn't let that happen. It felt good to walk.