Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

walking, watching

It was a day of walking short trails, a good mixture of flat and hilly. Whenever I walk with Denise I see new things; she is teaching me to look around as I bounce down the trail. Sometimes I like doing a long trail but I'm learning to like stopping and looking around. It's hard to walk with Denise without picking up that habit!

The sky was mostly clear in the morning but in the afternoon interesting looking clouds started to accumulate. I first noticed the clouds when we were walking near Jordan Pond. I thought we were going to head to Cadillac Mountain in the early evening - before sunset - but when Denise saw the late afternoon sky decorations she decided we needed to change our plans. It was windy and a bit chilly at the top of the mountain. The cloud paintings were wonderful!

The weather wizard says it might be a bit wet here tomorrow. It's possible we may be doing some walking in the rain.

--- Rover
on Jordan Pond