Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, May 29, 2017

driving north & east

We had a pretty early start today, jumping on the road at 7:30 AM (just a half hour later than Denise planned to leave). I think that was pretty good, don't you?

I wondered if we would run into holiday traffic but Denise told me she thought it was probably too early. We saw a pretty long line of cars heading towards north towards Bangor on Route 1 as we were heading south. That was just after 11 so I guess that might have been folks heading home from Acadia.

The weather was pretty good. It was cloudy when we left home. By the time we started across the bridge across the Piscataqua River in Portsmouth the upper sections of the bridge were covered by fog. Then it rained just a bit, staying gray until we turned toward the Schoodic Peninsula.

I thought it was a good drive. I know, I know, I was just watching, not driving - but Denise said it was a very reasonable drive.

--- Rover