Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, January 21, 2017

strength

The numbers of attendees at the Women's Marches across the country today was impressive. I initially planned to attend the rally in Boston but as the expected attendees increased into the tens of thousands I rethought my plans. I've never been comfortable in large crowds.

I'm in awe of the number of people who attended across the country (and world) today. It helps to know that many others share my beliefs.

A snippet from today's speech:

“We can whimper. We can whine. Or we can fight back!” called Warren, as marchers clad in pink hats and waving protest signs screamed their agreement. “We come here to stand shoulder to shoulder to make clear: We are here! We will not be silent! We will not play dead! We will fight for what we believe in!”

I'm sorry I missed the speeches but I'm not sorry I missed the crowds. I'm happy that I was able to find a video of Elizabeth Warren's speech from the Boston event; what a powerful set of words!