Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, January 07, 2017

snow

Until the middle of the week the long range forecast for today showed chilly air without precipitation. The forecast changed.

looking down a snowy road

Can you see the snow flying?

It is currently 19 degrees outside with snow and freezing fog. The snow started around noon; the forecast calls for it to taper off by around 1 AM. The current "Most Likely Snowfall" map on the National Weather Service site calls for a total snowfall (near my home) between 6 and 8 inches.

Weather like this makes me realize how lucky I am to live next to a small college. It gives me a very reasonable place to walk when roads are slippery and visibility is poor. I had a good exercise session this afternoon walking circles on the college campus.

snow-covered berries, a pop of red and white