Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, February 08, 2013

blizzard warning, updated

As I was driving home last night my phone beeped. After I stopped to look I found a notification of a change in the weather forecast. The blizzard watch had just been upgraded to a blizzard warning. Ah, I was hoping it would move in a different direction.

I woke up to find a light skim of snow on the ground with the heavy snow predicted for tonight into tomorrow. The words on the forecast have been changed to mimic the storm warning.

Blizzard Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
439 AM EST FRI FEB 8 2013

...A POTENTIAL HISTORIC WINTER STORM AND BLIZZARD IS EXPECTED TO DROP UP TO 3 FEET OF SNOW THROUGH SATURDAY...

The words in the forecast show a large snow accumulation with 3 to 5 inches predicted for today, 13 to 19 inches tonight, and 7 to 11 inches tomorrow. Can I hope that the forecast is wrong?

I think my yikes! from Wednesday is still fitting.