Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Timezone challenged

I expected to be a bit timezone challenged, but this is more than I expected.

Going from east to west I seem to be able to snap into the change. West to east is quite another story though. I've been back in the Eastern Time Zone for two days now. Yesterday was really annoying. I felt like I was sleepwalking until well after noon - which makes sense in a way, since the 5-hour change (from Hawaii-Aleutian time) means that noon at home is 7 AM in Hawaii. I think the morning was a little better today, but I am still wide awake now, and it's after 11 PM.

I know, I know, it's only been two days, and I really expected the adjustment back to my home time to probably take five days. I suppose I'm just being impatient.

I guess I'd better break out the melatonin!