Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Just a glimpse...


Denise has been using her non-sleeping non-work time to go through her photos, but (as usual) it takes her a while to decide, to select the ones that she likes the best.

In the meantime I thought I'd grab a few to whet your appetite.

The three I've chosen?

The first is a shot of me sitting on a big round disk with arrows pointing at different land features. It sort of reminds me of a sun dial. Oh! I guess I should tell you where we were when the photo was taken, shouldn't I? We were standing at the top of the Pu'u Huluhulu Cinder Cone.

The second is the ever-present plume (of sulphur dioxide) coming from Halema'uma'u Crater in the Kilaeua Caldera on a day when the wind was blowing in the normal direction (if there can be a normal direction!). This was a day without a poor air quality warning since the plume was headed away from the open sections of Crater Rim Drive.

And the last one is of the waves and the sun setting into the ocean, in a park just south of the Kona airport.

Keep checking back for links to the full photo galleries - I suspect it will take Denise a few days to finish her selections, not too long...

--- Rover


Rover at Pu'u Huluhulu Cinder Cone

plume over Kilaeua Caldera, Halema'uma'u Crater

sunset & waves, near the Kona airport, west coast of Hawaii