Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

light layers

Brr... it's cold outside!

I thought briefly about staying in as the temperature continued to drop and the howling wind added more chill to the air. For those who know me, my decision to walk anyway shouldn't be a surprise.

Luckily I've had some winter days to practice layering before this week's deep freeze hit us. I headed out wearing a number of light but very effective layers. I had warm snow sneakers on my feet, good mittens on my hands, and a fleece-lined winter buff around my neck. I used the hood on my rain jacket to supplement my fleece hat, and light layers on my body kept the rest of me warm. Oh, I guess I should say almost warm - my uncovered face was a bit red when I finished my walk, and it felt quite hot as I adapted to the inside temperature again. Back to normal now...

It was a surprisingly good evening for a walk.