Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Summer in March

We had early winter weather with last October's snowstorm so I don't know why I am surprised to have summer in March (while the calendar still reads winter).

The temperatures warmed into the low 60s by late morning, a perfect time for the first bike ride of the season. Nice!

It was early afternoon when I headed to Parker River for a walk on the beach, joining a lot of other people who had the same idea. Even at the coast the temperatures were in the high 70s. It definitely felt like a summer day.

people walking, Parker River National Wildlife Refuge

There are more photos from this afternoon's Parker River National Wildlife Refuge visit, but a late afternoon walk on the beach means I haven't sorted through them yet. I'll post a new blog entry when the photos are available for viewing.