Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Parker River addiction

Yes, I think I have somewhat of an addiction to wandering at the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge. It's a good addiction!

Last Sunday's late afternoon visit was a wonderful low tide wander. When I arrived at the refuge there was a sign saying that all but the first two parking lots were full. I switched from car to foot at the second lot, walked the boardwalk to the beach, then headed south along the tide line. Instead of reversing direction on the beach, I walked back on the non-ocean side of the refuge.

Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, ocean at low tide

Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, inland pools

More photos from my wander can be viewed in the gallery Parker River - 2012 starting with this photo and ending here.