Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Uh oh!

I tried to hide this from Denise, but I think she already knows... I've been keeping an eye on the weather forecast, and there is snow forecast for Springdale (the town where we'll be staying over the weekend, just outside of Zion National Park). The forecast seems kind of funny to me:

Rain and snow. Snow level 4600 feet lowering to 4000 feet after midnight. Low around 31. South southwest wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Forecast courtesy of the National Weather Service
Springdale is at 3995 feet of elevation. I wonder what it means when the snow level is at 4600 feet and the town we are in is at 600 feet below that. Does the snow just disappear instead of dropping that last bit? And if it disappears, where does that predicted 2 to 4 inches of accumulation go?

I think white snow against red rocks could be quite interesting. And I know I can always jump into Denise's camera bag if my feet get to cold.

Tomorrow we fly!

--- Rover

weather forecast