Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chill winds

The sun is back, bringing a cheerful look to another cold day. I had a wander to the coast in mind today, but the chill wind kept me a bit closer to home. I started the day with a brisk exercise walk then went out again with my camera.

It's funny, I've been in a bit of a funk the last few days (yes, in spite of settling on a wonderful end-of-month vacation). Today I finally realized that my funk was driven by camera withdrawal. January 1st was a coastal wander day. It was followed by a not-very-much-accumulation but two weekend days of snow. This week has been cold, and the early winter darkness prevents camera play after work days. I know, I know, it's only been a bit over a week since my last good play day, but I really think that's what was getting to me. I'm much happier now that I've had today's camera wander. It was short, it was a battle to keep my fingers warm, but it was good.

ice & water, reflection