Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Yikes!

I was just about two miles from home, rolling down the road on two wheels, when I suddenly felt like I was missing something...

My thoughts... Something feels wrong. What is it? What should I have with me that I don't? Hand to head, yes, my helmet is there, and so are my sunglasses. Something is missing. Something...

It took me a second, and then I realized that I was missing my Road ID. Uh oh!

I could have continued my ride sans ID. I thought about that for all of a second, but I didn't. I couldn't. I looped back home, strapped my ID around my wrist, and repeated the beginning of my ride again. I'm much more at ease knowing that if something happens to me that my emergency information is on me. And luckily forgetting my ID is not something that happens very often.

And if I'm traveling, I just never take it off.