Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rumble, crack! Dark, wet...

Yikes! As I was driving home the emergency broadcast system kicked my normal drive radio program away, announcing the sighting of a funnel cloud and a tornado warning. I wasn't far from the office when I heard that, I could have returned - but the tornado warning was for an area many miles south of where I was, so I just kept driving. Driving slowly, conscious of very large puddles of water on the road...

I knew it wasn't going to be a riding day, but I was hoping for a nice walk in the rain. This wasn't nice rain though. It almost seemed as if sheets of water were cascading from the sky. Not drops, sheets!

It was a good excuse for a rest day, a day of watching the water fly from under the cover of a solid roof. Tomorrow? I'll hope for a good walking day (it's going to be wet again, so I think riding will need to wait for yet another day).