Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Organizing my world

Fine tuning the entry to my galleries keeps jumping up and calling out to me. Most of the groupings that I present seem to work - but my Travel category keeps growing and growing and...

The original organization of my travel galleries was simply by trip. That meant that when you entered Travel that your eyes were overwhelmed with lots of choices. Too many choices. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I've finally come up with some groupings that (I believe) work. I'm relying on you to tell me if my new organization works - feel free to sign my guestbook (look to the right and click Talk to me, I'm listening to sign my guestbook or to send me an email).

My Travel galleries are still organized by date. The galleries from my latest trips are at the top of the gallery. Trips from previous years are grouped together by region, and within the region the newest trips are again at the top. Yes, when you click Travel you are presented with a combination of things - starting with recent trips, and then going back to groups of trips by region. I think it works. Take a look, and let me know what you think.



Some examples...
Travel, top level of my wanderings as linked from navbar.
Coastal New England - 2007 & earlier, trips by region.
Southwest wanders - 2007 & earlier, trips by region.