Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Relaxing, quiet

Ah, a three-day weekend. I had hoped to do an out-and-back ride this weekend - out one day, and back the next, that is - but the weather forecast called for a rainy middle day. As it turned out, there wasn't any rain on Saturday and I could have done my two-day tour, but I'm just as happy that the weather wizard's iffy forecast stopped me from traveling.

Why? Because I think I needed some quiet time, some relaxing days. Yes, I rode every day. But I also relaxed, read a mystery, added a new Recent galleries page to my (web) site. Relaxed. And it felt good.



Here are a couple of shots that I grabbed during a photo stop during my ride today. This fountain in a park in the center of Lawrence, Massachusetts was built in honor of Robert Frost.