Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

so sad...

This isn't mine to write about, but writing is what I need to do. Information on Roberta's sudden death is already published on the web, on CaringBridge.com and on a local to Roberta's home publication's site, so I don't feel that I'm violating privacy.


It was just over a week ago that I heard the bad news that Roberta had suffered a massive stroke. Over the week the news went from bad to a little better to bad again, ending yesterday in death. At 45 years old, she was young for such an early end, young, active, healthy, loved by her two young children, her husband, family, and friends. I know, I know, all unexpected death is a shock - whether the individual is old or young. Still, this one was hard to accept.

There doesn't seem to be any logic to life and death. I suppose I'm a bit odd; my life is centered by logic, and I'd like to be able to apply it here. I can't.

Sometimes life just isn't fair.

mirrored clouds, Terra Nova National Park, Newfoundland

There's a wonderful tribute to Roberta on the DublinPatch, Beloved City Employee, Mother and Wife Passes Away After Stroke.