Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Portland wander

I drive by Portland at least twice a year as I head to Acadia National Park, but it's been a long time since I actually stopped. Today was a good day for a reintroduction to Portland, a shared wander with a friend from Texas. Lauren and I touched just a few spots, starting with East End Beach, jumping to Bug Light, and on to Portland Head Light. It's funny, I was sure I had visited Portland Head Light before, but when we arrived it was totally unfamiliar. I thought I was losing memories until I realized that the lighthouse that I remembered was the Cape Elizabeth "Two Lights".

It was a beautiful day for a coastal visit. The temperatures were quite reasonable for most of the day, turning chilly as the wind started whipping as we were visiting Bug Light. Hiding behind the lighthouse helped!


More photos from today can be seen in the gallery Glimpses... Portland, Maine.