Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rebuilding a bridge

The lift span of the Memorial Bridge was removed this past Wednesday. If I lived or worked in Portsmouth I would have popped over multiple times during the day; instead I was happy with a visit today. I should say I was happy and surprised because I expected the lift span to have already been removed. It was still sitting on a barge next to the bridge, with the removal date set for sometime between February 10th and the 16th depending on the weather, the tides, and the sea.

For information on the bridge removal, see the New Memorial Bridge page.
For current updates on progress, see the PortsmouthPatch Memorial Bridge project page.

Memorial Bridge construction, Portsmouth, NH

Memorial Bridge construction, Portsmouth, NH

I've started a gallery with bridge images that I plan to update with new images from future visits to the site. The promised completion date (for the replacement bridge) is July 3, 2013. You can view the full gallery at Rebuilding a bridge, Portsmouth NH. The gallery is set to show the newest photos first.

Yes, I know there are white streaks on some of the photos. It was snowing!