Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A change in lodging

After a full day's wander at Joshua Tree and a drive back to Palm Desert, I went to check into my hotel for the next three nights. There was a sign posted at the front desk saying that the power would be out from 1 AM to 6 AM (tonight) because of some work the power company had scheduled. Yikes!

I know, I know, I should be sleeping during those hours. I really didn't like the thought of waking up in the middle of night to find I had no power though. The hotel was handing out flashlights, but...

I asked if there was another hotel close in the area, and I was told that the Homewood Suites just two blocks away had rooms. My reservation was at a Hampton Inn, both hotels owned by Hilton. While I drove the two blocks, the desk clerk at the Hampton Inn called the Homewood Suites with information from my reservation. Ah, nice - the price I was quoted for my reservation at the Hampton Inn was honored here too.