Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

time for wander #3

Oh wow! I can't believe it's time for our third wander in (just about) two months. I'm still surprised that Denise planned these trips with so little time in between them. Honestly I think she was surprised too.

Let's see... on August 17th we headed to Wyoming to wander in Yellowstone and Grand Teton for 7 days. We were home for three and a half weeks before we jumped on another plane for a wander in Rocky Mountain National Park (for 6 days this time). Then we were home for three weeks, and later today - after Denise finishes work for the day - we're heading to Acadia National Park for 5 days. I suppose it would have made more sense to spread the trips out a bit, but I like the short intervals. It's going to be hard to adjust to just being home at the end of the one though.

I just checked the weather forecast; it looks like we'll have at least one rainy day. Most of the days (right now) show a forecast of "partly sunny" during the day and "partly cloudy" at night. Don't those two things mean the same thing? I suppose you can't say "partly sunny" at night since the sun is hiding. I wonder if that's why the night forecast says "partly cloudy".

We'll be heading up the coast late this afternoon, destination Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.

--- Rover
Rover at Bear Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park