Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Golden

Rain passed through the area early in the afternoon, but blue skies returned before I headed to Maine. Blue, decorated with clumps of white...

The sky continued to change as I headed to Bar Harbor. Gray returned, but with enough light to provide a magical view, a gray ribbon of road cutting through trees painted in golden colors, colors ranging from yellow to gold to orange, even an occasional red. There were sections of bare-branched trees standing amid evergreens. Each time I thought I had traveled past the color, decorated trees appeared again.


For anyone who is wondering, I was on I-95, and yes, I did resist the urge to stop. Somehow stopping on a limited access highway when cars are flying by just isn't the right thing to do.