Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Escaping ahead of Earl

The start of my trip could just as easily have been a day or two from now. There wasn't anything special about today other than better airfares for my flights in both directions in comparison with floating the start or end of my trip to slightly different dates.

Luck is definitely with me. I've been watching the projected path of Hurricane Earl and it looks like it will be brushing by (or through?) the Boston area sometime on Friday.

I know, a delayed start because of a storm wouldn't have been the end of the world, but it's so nice that things are going according to plan.

Tonight? It's an airplane night for me.

projected path of Hurricane Earl

Image courtesy of the National Hurricane Center, part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).