Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Summer warmth

It was an early autumn day, a day of summer warmth, a good day to feed my need for the ocean. I headed to Kittery Point, Maine; it seemed like a good wandering destination for the day.

I started with the thought that I would walk the Cutts Island trail in the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge. My first attempt at that trail back in June was quickly cut short by dive-bombing mosquitoes, and today was surprisingly no different. Hmmm... maybe I should try again after a hard freeze.

Next stop... Fort Foster Park for a bit of "by the sea" walking. It was a beautiful day for walking.

sun shining through still green leaves

ocean colors

sculpted and striped rocks

More photos from today can be found at the beginning of the the gallery South coastal Maine - 2010.