Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Disappearing daylight

Hey - what happened to the sun?

No more daylight savings time this year, and as always the first day is more than a little bit of a shock. Yesterday's sunset was too early at 5:25PM, and today's at 4:34PM? Ouch!

I was sitting at my computer, reviewing the photos from my Death Valley trip, and editing my journal when I looked up and realized that the time was flying and that it was already 2 in the afternoon. Oops! I knew that I needed to get moving quickly if I was going to ride before the sun disappeared. And yes, I did ride.

In the short week that I was gone, most of the leaves have completed their journey from bright color to brown. There are still a few holdouts, but there is a different look to the landscape.