Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Dark! walking...

It's been creeping ever earlier, but with the weekend switch back to standard time, the very earlier disappearing daylight has been slapping me in the face.

Sun down, darkness was descending as I arrived home after work tonight. A chill was in the air, and it would have been so easy to walk into the house and just stay there. I ignored that lazy feeling, donned the right layers to deal with the temperatures, attached my blinky lights to my body, and headed out walking.

Once I was out there, the brisk temperature was quite pleasant, and walking in the dark? That was fine too. It's a good thing, because I have a number of months of dark walking ahead of me.

Hmm... maybe I should move to Hawaii.

Yes, you're absolutely right. That thought crosses my mind at this time of year every year. I wonder...