Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, April 27, 2007

Gray with emerging colors

Rain, rain, gray skies...

I have to admit that I've been dreaming of escaping with my bike for a quick two days away from home, but it appears that won't happen this weekend. Today's cold rain paired with the weekend forecast of a 50% chance of showers both Saturday and Sunday tell me that a lazy weekend at home might be a better choice. Oh well, later...

A month past the vernal equinox, and the signs of spring are slowly emerging. Scattered flowers are adding color to the land, and leaves are slowly unfurling on early-awakening trees. Willows are starting to wear a soft green cape, forsythia are covered with bright yellow flowers, and I can see a tinge of red decorating some (other types of) tree branches.

I wonder, will the colors really pop when this batch of water stops falling from the sky?