Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, December 14, 2018

seeking color & warmth

Hmm... where can I go on a December day when I'm looking for color and warmth?

This morning I headed west, aiming for the center of the state for a visit with butterflies. Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory was my destination. It's just over 90 miles from home, far enough away that I don't get there as often as I'd like.

It was quiet when I arrived; just a few visitors (plus staff) were wandering among the butterflies. I feel a sense of peace and wonder. I walked slowly through the conservatory, looking around, watching butterflies in flight, watching butterflies at rest.

I'm still going through my photos from today. For now I'll share one of my favorites, a portrait of a malachite butterfly in what seems to be a normal pose, hanging upside down.

malachite butterfly