Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, May 28, 2018

what's in the garden?

My last visit to the gardens of the Stevens-Coolidge Place was only two days ago. I decided that today was also going to be a garden visit day; it's the time of year when new flowers open every day.

Some of the poppies are past peak, some are just starting to open. A few iris in light purple have joined the previously open salmon-colored iris. Many more of the iris are wearing buds, ready to pop open soon. Even the peonies are starting to bloom.

The wildflower garden was mainly wearing green although a few lupin have popped in purple.

I even had a short conversation with a chipmunk. I'm amazed he let me get close enough to capture his photo. I had a single lens with me today, my 80mm macro. That meant that my zoom was by foot!

bearded iris

lupin

chipmunk

More photos from today are at the beginning of the gallery spring! 2018.