Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

repaired

I was out with my camera a few weeks ago when it started misbehaving. The shutter button was sticking, sometimes refusing to work and sometimes behaving. When I returned home I called Fujifilm support, thinking (and hoping) there was something I could do to fix the issue. I heard what I expected to hear, that I needed to send the camera in for service.

My X-T2 headed to Fuji's camera repair center in Edison, NJ two weeks ago. I received an email confirming receipt of the camera and stating that the work was "in process". The next email came a week after the first, stating that the camera was repaired and shipped. I received the repaired and cleaned X-T2 today, heading out immediately to confirm the repair.

Overall I am quite happy with the level of service provided. The camera was still under warranty so there was no charge for the fix. My only complaint is that I would have preferred a faster shipment method (given that the camera was shipped on a Thursday and arrived here on Tuesday). If given a choice I would have been happy to pay for shipping.

My thanks go to Fuji's factory service.

tulip in pink

While I was planning to sell my X-T1, it's good that the camera is still in my possession. I used it during the two weeks that the X-T2 was visiting Fuji.

I'm happy that I had a camera to use, and I'm even happier now that my X-T2 is back.