Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, May 17, 2018

listen...

It was a good day to listen to the sounds around us. We heard ocean waves, bells ringing (from buoys, I think), birds singing, chipmunks and squirrels chittering. It was so quiet that I could even hear Denise's hiking shoes crunching on the trail.

We started by driving into Acadia at the Otter Cliffs entrance. We jumped out of the car as soon as we found a parking spot and started down the Ocean Path. I don't remember walking there before but Denise reminded me that we were there when we visited the park during a government shutdown. We had to leave the car along the road outside of the park that time! While we walked I started hearing wonderful sounds around me. It was very peaceful!

Today was a day for a couple of long walks and a bunch of short ones too. It was the warmest day so far with the temperature edging just over 70 degrees.

Today was a good day for walking and listening.

--- Rover
coastal glimpse, Acadia National Park

Jordan Pond, Acadia National Park